Thursday, April 05, 2007

Favourite Love Poem

I do not celebrate Valentine's Day. But we do celebrate 4th April. To my beloved husband. (and to those who think I jiwang, baca jer lah eh! memang pun, so what! Faizal, salin!)

To My Valentine
by Ogden Nash

More than a catbird hates a cat
Or a criminal hates a clue
Or the Axis hates the United States
That’s how much I love you

I love you more than the duck can swim
And more than a grapefruit squirts
I love you more than a gin rummy is a bore
And more than a toothache hurts

As a shipwrecked sailor hates the sea
Or a juggler hates a shove
As a hostess detests unexpected guests
That’s how much you I love

I love you more than a wasp can sting
And more than the subway jerks
I love you as much as the beggar needs a crutch
And more than a hangnail irks

I swear to you by the stars above
And below, if such there be
As the High Court loathes perjurious oaths
That’s how you are loved by me

2 comments:

sweetzue said...

Baru aku tahu Abi lagi jiwang giler dari Amin Tupai. hohoho..

Abriza Mohammed said...

memang pun... macamana kau tau amin tupai tu jiwang zue??? dia penah jiwang2 ngan kau ker? eh! tak tau cerita pun...??